Labor

Good evening -

Today was our first day of "real" work. And by work I mean labor. Hard labor. But not too hard for HFHEKC Americorps! We worked with the whole EKC team on two different houses, and I had the pleasure of working with three others in the crawlspace basement of a house installing batt insulation. Good news: I defeated the fiberglass particulates with little damage. Though, I did not escape fully unscathed, as I have bruises all over from the rough conditions of crawling on a stony floor for six hours. And yet, it feels better and more fullfiling than my office jobs of the past.

We can find our joy and peace everywhere in this world. Jesus says . . .

I have told you these things, so that in me you may have peace. In this world you will have trouble. But take heart! I have overcome the world. (John 16.33)

Comments

Popular Posts