Soy and Travel

If I could only have one type of food with me, I would bring soy sauce. The reason being that if I have soy sauce, I can flavor a lot of things. -Martin Yan, Chinese-American cook

I went to the dentist today. At the dentist I read an article about the dangers of soy. And for anyone reading this who knows me, when I read books/information of any kind, or watch an informative movie, or pretty much learn anything of interest to myself, I really get into it. That's how I stuck with vegetarianism in the first place. Anyway, this article was saying how soy is considered a health hazard by some; in Israel there's a nutrition warning against it even. My question is, if we aren't even safe with soy products, WHAT DO WE EAT ON THIS PLANET? It said it's found to raise estrogen levels, do other bad things, do good things, I guess pretty much no one really knows. So, it got me thinking that maybe I'll start eating meat again, we'll see we'll see.

The traveler sees what he sees, the tourist sees what he has come to see. - Gilbert Chesterson

Anyone who truly loves God travels securely. - Saint Teresa

Imagine - four years you could have spent travelling around Europe meeting people, or going to the Far East of Africa or India, meeting people, exchanging ideas, reading all you wanted to anyway, and instead I wasted it at Roosevelt. - Shel Silverstein

Meeting up with an old friend today, I was pleasantly reminded of not only the joy of travel, but that it's fun to talk about old experiences/new aspirations in traveling. Though, from thinking ahead, it seems that once you have the means to travel (i.e. job to pay for it), your employer and money giver would expect you to be performing your job duties, which would eliminate the travel. Ah!


Comments

Popular Posts