It's Sunny in Seattle

"I'm moving to Seattle." "Oh, cool, I hear it rains a lot there."

Well, that's what you would think, but it's been great and beautiful, breezy, and sunny thus far! Hip hooray!

I'm finally moved in and settled in my new place. My friends from UC have been very helpful in helping the furniture hunt and gathering. And it's nice having a little taste of home. Speaking of which, my room is practically that, it's like a cave/dollhouse with 7' high ceilings that slant way down. Between that and the new (free!) desk I got which is like Lauren's back at the Hatchet, it's like being back in Cinci!

So, yesterday we had the opportunity to go to a Habitat home dedication ceremony in Snoqualmie, where some of us will start off working I believe. It was encouraging to go because we met some Habitat staff members and fellow Americorps volunteers. The EKC chapter seems different already from UC's branch in Cincinnati. The ceremony had a definite religious focus, with a dedication prayer and priest. I'm figuring maybe UC didn't because it is a state school-sponsored house? Rubbish... I am glad to have the Christian aspect added back to the process and glad to know it plays a part through the whole process, from the staff to the training of the future homeowners, and is not just a formality tacked on at the end.

I took my first destination bike-ride of Seattle today. Props to Jill for being patient with me, I'm not quite in biking-shape right now... hills are hard! There's a lake about a half mile away that we drove past, it's so pleasant around here :) Ew except the 3" long spider that just strolled across my wall... gross! Thanks to Ben for being a spider-hero. I hope I don't dream of spiders tonight.


For you and for me...

May the God of hope fill you with all joy and peace as you trust in him, so that you may overflow with hope by the power of the Holy Spirit. - Romans 15.13


Our trust in God = filled with joy and peace within us + hope flowing from us to others


Comments

Popular Posts