2011 Music etc.

Merry Christmas!




Here are some photos of my Christmas!  Including my lovely kitty wearing saggy reindeer ears and a fantastic Christmas Cottage by my grandma and I.






Also, I didn't take these, but here are some photos from Awaited, an artistic interpretation of the nativity story from Crossroads church in Cincinnati.  It's such a beautiful show with a festive, family atmosphere before and after in the lobby.  I would have recommended it if I'd written sooner, but here is the website anyway: Awaited







Also, I recently saw this petition for Apple to be more stringent in sourcing their minerals, such as coltan, which I've discussed in several previous posts.  If you interested in signing the petition or learning more about this, click here!


Being the end of 2011, a benefit is best of 2011 albums and songs.  Whoo!  I often check Pitchfork for these, and was glad to see Youth Lagoon and Tune-yards made the list, and that Bon Iver was #1!  This album reminds me of cruising through North Bay in California this past summer.


Besides the Pitchfork list, here is my very own 2011 Top 11 tracks.  It's on Spotify, you can find it here, and here's the list.  It's actually 13 and not 11, but minor detail.



  • "Shake it Out" - Florence + the Machine
  • "Houdini" - Foster the People
  • "Go Do" - Jonsi
  • "Cannons" - Youth Lagoon
  • "Barton Hollow" - The Civil Wars
  • "Born This Way" - Lady Gaga
  • "Out of the Wilderness" - Cold War Kids
  • "Tomorrow has to Wait" - Peter Bjorn and John
  • "Loud Pipes" - Ratatat
  • "You Can Count on Me" - Panda Bear
  • "Holocene" - Bon Iver
  • "I Have Never Loved Someone" - My Brightest Diamond
  • "Doxology" - David Crowder Band



Enjoy!


Many are the plans in a person’s heart, but it is the LORD’s purpose that prevails.
Proverbs 19.21

Comments

Popular Posts