blue devils.

With 2 months of americorps left to go, I had a pleasant break from the northwest by meeting up with my family in North Carolina for my sister's graduation. That's right, my closest of kin is now a doctor!

Being at the graduation ceremony made me remember the importance of formal education and what an honor it is to make it through such.


Highlights:
  • seeing my family
  • knowing my sister has reached her fullest amount of education possible
  • good conversation with my mom
  • the hooding ceremony speaker's closing comment being a lyric quotation from a Vampire Weekend song
  • experiencing real, hard-core rain
  • Cafe Driade - coffee shop in the woods. It is a beautiful place.
  • ice cream - the good stuff, straight from cows! (almost)
  • my parents are now officially married over 30 years
Lowlights:
  • massive, developing sprawl
  • more roads than you can conceive in one place
  • invisibility cloak coming to fruition


Also, I won a taco today. I made a questionable ramp which ended up being usable after all.

I put Philippians 4:13 into practice today when I got a centipede out of my room. I don't like bugs to being with, but centipedes, up there with dragonflies, are particularly awful. It was crawling along on the carpet like it owned the place and I held an envelope up to it, into which it carelessly crawled in. Sucker. Threw him out the window, envelope and all. Next thing I know the envelope is long gone.


Do you not know that those who run in a race all run, but only one receives the prize? Run in such a way that you may win. Everyone who competes in the games exercises self-control in all things They then do it to receive a perishable wreath, but we an imperishable. Therefore I run in such a way, as not without aim; I box in such a way, as not beating the air; but I discipline my body and make it my slave, so that, after I have preached to others, I myself will not be disqualified.
I Corinthians 9:24-27.

Comments

  1. ....a highly questionable ramp! i love your blog by the way. I had a great time working with you today.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts