WoW: A True Man

Darling girl,

I remember it vividly - many years ago your grandma and I were in the car, in the parking lot of Value City (yes, we shopped there!), and she was telling me about how your grandpa would do whatever is necessary in order to support his family.  He had a great job at the time, so I'm not sure what prompted this, but she said that even if it meant working at McDonald's, he would always provide for us (and by the way, there is absolutely nothing wrong with working at McDonald's - we are to do all work as unto the Lord, whatever it may be - Colossians 3:23).

I've carried this forward and know 100% that your dad is the same way.  The last few weeks he has been juggling two jobs - his civilian job and National Guard commitments - in order to allow me to care for you at home for the next few months.  He also had a job right when we were first married of direct marketing, including signing up homeless people for cell phones.  Not a glamorous job!  But this is a true sign of integrity, that he did it well and without complaining.  When you are looking for a man to become your boyfriend and then your husband, I hope you will look for this quality in him, it is a true sign of good character that will do your marriage well.


Comments

Popular Posts