WoW - Remembering Pinner


Darling children,

Does NextDoor still exist?  Whoever invented that social network should receive a Nobel Prize.  I love reading posts by my neighbors, it's a sort of therapy to realize that what bothers me truly, deeply, passionately troubles many of my neighbors as well.  The big topics of discussion include razing residential properties unnecessarily to make way for gargantuan mansions, and lost and found pets.  A recent tragedy involving the latter was a gorgeous dog named Pinner.  He was lost in January for about 2 weeks; his owners did absolutely everything they could to find him, and more - professional looking posters, continual updates on Nextdoor, hiring a pet detective... and many neighbors got involved; some of us just prayed and looked forward to hearing how the latest tips turned out.
Unfortunately after that two weeks, there was a heartbreaking post about Pinner's body being found by a highway off ramp; unfortunately he has been hit and killed.

I tell you this story not to bum you out, but because what I want more than anything, while not being granted his safe return, is that he may have known how deeply his human parents loved, missed, and longed for him, how they were willing to do whatever it took to get him back.  Amidst any fear, doubt, loneliness he may have felt in those struggling days, I wish he could have known that.
While Pinner was a dog and I'm no expert, but I don't think he would have been self aware enough to think what is written above, my thoughts came back to your beloved children.  If you ever stray, feel far away, run away, or get lost - even if we are unable to communicate, you need to know that we love you unending and will search tirelessly to bring you back.  Your dad and my love for you is nothing at all close to what your Father feels for you, but it is all we have to give, and we do so gladly and unending.  Never think you are too far to come back, there is always hope, always a home for you.

Comments

Popular Posts