The Wedding of the Decade!


My darling girl,

I write to you now from the hospital on 5/19/18.  This morning Prince Harry and Meghan Markle got married, and I couldn't really sleep, so I watched it.  Quite a lovely event to witness!  I'm in the hospital because, yesterday at the week 36 doctor check-up, they were afraid I may have a condition called preeclampsia, which would be detrimental to both you and I.  I've been here about 24 hours now and should be getting back home soon, thankfully things are looking clear, you and I just need to take it easy (= more ice cream?).  It's a blessing to have such good healthcare in our country, that I was able to get right in, and we can be taken care of.  It's also wonderful that your dad rushed to be with us, spent the night on a reclining chair, and for the duration of time until your delivery will be in charge of all household duties.  

Just writing to let you know we are looking forward to your much anticipated arrival, and are thankful to have concerned co-workers, family, and friends who care about the three of us.  You are very much loved and cherished even before we get to hear those first reassuring cries once you enter the world.

Comments

Popular Posts