daapenings





I was raised up believing

I was somehow unique
Like a snowflake distinct among snowflakes
Unique in each way you can see

And now after some thinking
I'd say I'd rather be
A functioning cog in some great machinery
Serving something beyond me

- Fleet Foxes, "Helplessness Blues"

Life has gone on as it always has. Throughout this quarter I've appreciated being reintegrated into DAAP culture, which I've missed more than I realized with being off campus in the fall. This includes things like the fine art students and their giant toy replica sculptures. . .

this one is by our very own Shelby + team:

and also, a personal favorite, Bridge Break! The second year architecture students have to make an 8' long bridge from 6' max components and support all three team members as it's laid across two bases. The thesis students turn it into a grand show. My freshman year was "The Price is Right," this year it was "Double Dare."


I saw this house the other day and found it amusingly odd:


oh, and I'm moving to San Francisco for six months, hooray! I'm excited about
1. traveling out west
2. being out west
3. adventuring and exploring within and outside the city
4. not being in school
5. researching for school
6. making friends!
“My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness...” That is why, for Christ’s sake, I delight in weaknesses, in insults, in hardships, in persecutions, in difficulties. For when I am weak, then I am strong.
2 Cor. 12.9b-10

Comments

Popular Posts