Run!


Day five of Thanksgiving vacation. This reinstates how much of an "in-between"/year-off Americorps is, considering we still get off holiday time. But hey, I like it! This has been an action-packed long weekend, with holiday movies, whiffle ball, the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade (with a side of Mighty O's doughnuts, of course!), friends, and running. That's right. A select few know how consumed I get with the content of books I read; apparently this also happens when I go to marathons! I volunteered at the Seattle Marathon yesterday as an official Gu hand-outer. "Gu! Get your Gu! Strawberry Banana Gu! Gourmet Gu!" The half-marathoners were the most fun, as they were on mile 9 and loving life, and willing to laugh and play along with the Gu antics. Some people were even picky enough to trade a Gu flavor they received 200 feet earlier with a more desirable flavor I was passing out. After the runners and while some dedicated stragglers were passing by we spent a good hour picking up the Gu tabs off two blocks of road; not the most glamorous job, but definitely worth the motivation to run more. I went for an enthusiastic jog around the lake afterwards and felt good. This was followed up by a visit to the troll and a mean game of Scrabble. Good day! I like being motivated.

I wish I deep enlightening thoughts to share, but they're not coming. Maybe the endless hours I will spend with the GRE prep book will provide some insight into life. Oh, I did sell some photos on Etsy though, hooray! That was a nice Thanksgiving surprise. Duvay and me in our carefully crafted, homemade pilgrim hats below . . .


Brothers, I do not consider myself yet to have taken hold of it. But one thing I do: Forgetting what is behind and straining toward what is ahead, I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus.
All of us who are mature should take such a view of things. And if on some point you think differently, that too God will make clear to you. Phil. 3.13-15.

Comments

Popular Posts