Baby #1

I found out 10 days ago that I am PREGNANT.  In a morning daze I remembered that, according to my fertility app, I was supposed to start my cycle that day.  So I grabbed a test and lo and behold - it was positive!

The first 'baby reveal' I remember was Becky on Full House making baby-sized food for Jesse to hint at her big news.  I've also seen some YouTube videos where the woman reveals she is pregnant in fun and surprising ways.  But Jon was right there!  So I just showed it to him and that was that.  I have seen Jon emotional just a few times; a couple when we were in a fight, once when his precious dog, Sadie, died, and then in this moment.  So sweet.

Since 10 days ago I have told one friend, mostly so I could get advice on what doctor to go to.  We are actually her son's godparents, so it worked out well telling her and consequently her husband.  It's really challenging not telling people, though.  I already feel like it's a good excuse.  "I can't work late because I'm pregnant;" "I can't remember because I'm pregnant;" "I deserve to eat that last cookie because I'm pregnant."  :)

Today and yesterday were particularly stressful days at work.  I don't usually mind the stress and sometimes welcome the fast pace of such days compared to the others, but I'm looking through a new lens these days, and have to look out for #1 - Baby #1 that is.  In fact, he/she experienced more stress and more to come in the next 35 weeks probably, than they will once born and staying at home while I'm at work - eating, sleeping, and pooping.  So while I worry about #1's health while I am stressed, it makes me feel a little more bonded that we got through it together.

Jon has been really good to me; he's making me dinner this very moment in fact.

~~

This draft had been sitting in my browser for weeks.  I'm at nearly 14 weeks now, and feel oh-so-much wiser and learned in childbearing!  As in, maybe at 5% instead of 1%.  I meant to start this much sooner, but lately I have been thinking of lessons I would like my children (and all people) to learn; my prayer is that lessons can be learned in advance without having to experience them (there's a Proverb about that), and other lessons that come from wisdom of the ages (30 y.o. after all!) can be shared.  Then they can get out of my head and make way for learning how to raise little humans :)

More to come!

Here is a photo from today - it snowed in Atlanta yesterday and this morning; very unusual, especially for this time of year.  Everything is thawing and snow clumps are dropping off the many trees surrounding my apartment this very moment.


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts