lost days of june.


I lost my camera this month, and seemed to feel the month has passively slipped away. I've thought about my blog, but nothing has amounted until now. So, being 16 min. until bedtime, here are some nice mobile uploads of SF life.

This one is actually in Seattle, but I really like it. Notice a peculiar and yet familiar face peeking around the edge...


You could say I have friends in high places, and I was able to attend the 2011 Golden Wheel Awards through the San Francisco Bicycle Coalition. This is a great organization and, thanks to my friend Katie's sweet graphic design skills, she was able to get us in to mingle amongst the bikers and enthusiasts of the city. Even Mayor Ed Lee was on board with creating a more bikable San Francisco for everyone - from children to tourists to commuters. It's humbling to realize that though so much effort is done in this city and emphasis placed on a biking lifestyle, it's still dangerous and risky business riding around, as everyone I know here probably has been in or knows someone who has been in an accident. It also shows how far other cities need to come for biking to be a larger presence.


This is just a cool sign I saw on my way to a pleasant Sunday.


Oh, hello downtown San Francisco. Thank you to : Westin, for having glass elevators, to the European tourists who could tell we were in the hotel strictly to go up the elevator, and the bartenders at an unnamed hotel for letting us participate in a complimentary happy hour despite not staying there. 5*s!

Another highlight of that pleasant Sunday : farm:table, the cafe. Homemade yogurt, fresh juice, granola, butter, so much goodness in a modest brunch for two on a sunny *warm* afternoon in San Francisco.


Another wonderful aspect of my workplace : weekly fresh flowers. A different member of the company's flower club makes the arrangements around the office every week. It is a beautiful little sight.


Sometimes you need to be closer to nature, though, which is what Fridays off are good for. I went up to Mount Diablo State Park the other day and, though a little deserted and desert-y, it was nice to experience the spatial vastness that is the park to let your spirit breathe.


As for God, his way is perfect: The LORD’s word is flawless; he shields all who take refuge in him.
Psalm 18.30

Comments

Popular Posts